The AANA Journal is the official scholarly journal of
the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
Current Print & Online JournalThe October 2017 issue features articles on wellness, preceptor training, anabolic steroid abuse, the perception of Norwegian nurse anesthetists on professional development and the influence of production pressure, and much more.
Call for Editorial Submissions
AANA Journal seeks high-quality submissions in the following areas:
- Perioperative care: inclusive of preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases
- Basic sciences as they relate to anesthetic considerations: inclusive of physiology, pharmacology, chemistry, and physics
- Technological issues related to anesthetic considerations: engineering, mechanical, monitoring
- Management of perioperative pain with particular attention to mechanisms and multimodal therapies
- State-of-the-art reviews
- Simulation in anesthetic training
- Discovery research that illuminates important questions involving anesthetic management Computing, electronic record keeping, and information access that enhances communication and patient care
- Anesthetic subspecialty domains inclusive of cardiovascular, obstetrical, neurosurgical, and pediatric
- Innovations in the anesthetic care of patients
- Critical care and resuscitation
- Regional anesthesia and ultrasound guided nerve blocks
Current Online Content
The Opioid Crisis and the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist: How Can We Help?
Charles A. Griffis, PhD, CRNA
Sarah E. Giron, PhD, CRNA
Jeffrey R. Darna, DNP, CRNA
A CRNA Preceptor Workshop to Increase Preceptor Satisfaction, Confidence, and Comfort: A Quality Improvement Project
Mary Scott-Herring, DNP, MS, CRNA
Sarabdeep Singh, PhD
About Our New Online Content
In an effort to increase the number of case studies and research papers published in the print issue of the AANA Journal, beginning with the February 2017 issue, Journal departments such as Research News, Education News, Legal Briefs, Imagining in Time, Guest Editorials, as well as letters, book reviews, and the annual index of articles, will be published solely online at www.aana.com. Additional articles also may be published only online as well. Read more. [PDF]
About the AANA Journal
The AANA Journal is the official scholarly journal of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. Published bimonthly, the AANA Journal delivers practical clinical information that fosters the understanding of the science of anesthesia delivery and investigates ideas, issues, and innovations that advance the practice of nurse anesthesia.