The AANA Journal is the official scholarly journal of
the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
Current Print & Online JournalThe February 2018 issue features articles on team communication in the OR, the relationship of tympanic and temporal temperature modalities to core temperature in pediatric patients, identifying patterns and meanings across the AANA Foundation closed claim dataset using thematic analysis methods, isolated harlequin syndrome following brachial plexus nerve block via interscalene approach, anesthetic management of Happy Puppet Syndrome, and much more. Don't forget to check out the Online Content below also!
Call for Editorial Submissions
AANA Journal seeks high-quality submissions in the following areas:
- Perioperative care: inclusive of preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases
- Basic sciences as they relate to anesthetic considerations: inclusive of physiology, pharmacology, chemistry, and physics
- Technological issues related to anesthetic considerations: engineering, mechanical, monitoring
- Management of perioperative pain with particular attention to mechanisms and multimodal therapies
- State-of-the-art reviews
- Simulation in anesthetic training
- Discovery research that illuminates important questions involving anesthetic management Computing, electronic record keeping, and information access that enhances communication and patient care
- Anesthetic subspecialty domains inclusive of cardiovascular, obstetrical, neurosurgical, and pediatric
- Innovations in the anesthetic care of patients
- Critical care and resuscitation
- Regional anesthesia and ultrasound guided nerve blocks
Current Online Content
The Challenge of Balancing the Doctoral Scholarly Project and Clinical Competence in Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
Gerard T. Hogan, DNSc, CRNA, ARNP-BC
Anesthesia Ready Time: Measuring Your Efficiency
Brian Don Berry, MBA, MS, CRNA
About Our Online Content
In an effort to increase the number of case studies and research papers published in the print issue of the AANA Journal, beginning with the February 2017 issue, Journal departments such as Research News, Education News, Legal Briefs, Imagining in Time, Guest Editorials, as well as letters, book reviews, and the annual index of articles, will be published solely online at www.aana.com. Additional articles also may be published only online as well. Read more. [PDF]
About the AANA Journal
The AANA Journal is the official scholarly journal of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. Published bimonthly, the AANA Journal delivers practical clinical information that fosters the understanding of the science of anesthesia delivery and investigates ideas, issues, and innovations that advance the practice of nurse anesthesia.
AANA Journal Resources
- AANA Journal Masthead
- Information for Authors - What you need to know to properly format your manuscript.
- Journal Course Requirements