Opioid Crisis Resources
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 91 people die every day from an opioid overdose. AANA is committed to taking action toward solutions to the opioid epidemic, with CRNAs playing a key role in the process.
AANA has developed and compiled resources and tools for patients and healthcare providers to support meaningful decision-making regarding acute and chronic pain management, opioid safety, substance use disorder, and more. Use the buttons below to navigate AANA's resources.
Breaking News and Alerts
- AANA President Nimmo issues alert email to membership, November 2016 (Login Required)
- Additional Information
- China carfentanil ban a 'game-changer' for opioid epidemic, Associated Press, February 16, 2017
- Carfentanil: a dangerous new factor in the U.S. opioid crisis, DEA Fact Sheet
- 7 things to know about carfentanil, Pharmacy Times
- Increases in fentanyl drug confiscations and fentanyl-related overdose fatalities, CDC Health Advisory
The resources on this page may incorporate or summarize views, guidelines or recommendations of third parties. Such material is assembled and presented in good faith, but does not necessarily reflect the views of the AANA. Links to third-party websites are inserted for informational purposes and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated organization.