Member Types and BenefitsAANA members have access to the most current information on nurse anesthesia and patient safety, professional resources, and continuing education opportunities. In addition, membership provides a host of other benefits, such as special rates on continuing education opportunities, 24/7 access to a network of more than 59,000 members, and much more. Be sure to take advantage of all the ways your membership pays you back throughout the year:
View Membership Guide
Membership Types and Eligibility
- Active Member — $645 (annual dues)
U.S. Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and Non-certified Nurse Anesthetists
- Emeritus / Life — $300 (one-time)
Individuals retired from the field and have held an Active AANA membership for a minimum of 25 years.
- Student Associate Member — $200 (one-time)
Students enrolled in an accredited nurse anesthesia program
- Graduate Associate Member — $100 (annual dues)
Granted to individuals who graduate from an approved nurse anesthesia program and eligible to take the certification examination.
- Inactive Member — $50 (annual dues)
Eligible individuals are not engaged in anesthesia practice
- Honorary Member
Granted to an individual by the Board of Directors allowing the individual to enter discussions at any membership meetings without the right to make motions or vote. No dues.
- International Membership $85 (annual dues)
A nurse anesthetist who has completed a program of basic nursing and nurse anesthesia education, and is qualified and authorized to practice anesthesia in a country other than the United States. An international member must also be a member of the International Federation of Nurse Anesthetists (IFNA).
How much of the dues are allocated to lobbying efforts?
$20 of active national membership dues are allocated towards expenses incurred by AANA for national lobbying activities. Such an amount is not deductible for federal income tax purposes. All AANA members are also members of individual state associations. Please be aware that your individual state association may or may not engage in reportable lobbying activities.
To the extent it does, your individual state association is responsible for informing you of what amount, if any, of your state membership dues are allocated to the expenses of lobbying activities at the state or local level. All such lobbying expenditures at the state or local level are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. We encourage you to contact your individual state association if you have any questions in this regard.
Convenient Payment Options:
Set it and forget it! Easily maintain your AANA membership with one of our convenient payment options.
Annual Auto-Renew: By enrolling in the Annual Auto-Renew plan, your membership will renew at the start of each membership period (September 1st – August 31st). Payment will be made from the credit/debit card on your account.
Who is eligible for the Annual Auto-Renew?
- Active Membership
- Inactive Membership
Quarterly Installments: Quarterly installments allow a member to pay their membership dues in four equal amounts throughout the membership period (September 1st – August 31st). Your first payment activates your membership benefits and then your card will be charged quarterly. Once all your payments are complete your membership is fully processed for the membership period. Payments will be made from the credit/debit card on your account in September, December, March, and June.
Please read the Terms and Conditions for more information.
Who is eligible for Quarterly Installments?
- “Active Membership”
How do I cancel?
You may cancel your automatic renewal or quarterly installments at any time prior to the September 1st renewal date, see Dues Payment Method.
- AANA Journal – Scholarly and peer-reviewed articles about scientific/educational advancements, research, and case studies relevant to current practice in the award-winning bimonthly AANA Journal.
- CRNA Careers - Career Support and Practice Resources
- The AANA Community – Connect with your colleagues across the nation on AANA Connect
- Effective advocacy – Help protect and advance the nurse anesthesia profession through state and national advocacy efforts, public relations, and awareness campaigns
- Industry-leading continuing education and development – Save on AANA’s meetings, workshops, and CPC Core Modules. Plus, enjoy access to free CE available to AANA members on the CRNA Knowledge Network.
- AANA Insurance Services
- Member Advantage Program - Exclusive discounts on services from premier partners