Risk Management and Patient Safety
AANA Insurance Services has gathered the resources below to help members further the delivery of safe anesthesia and quality patient care.
- Scope of Practice for CRNAs
- Considerations for Adding New Activities to Individual CRNA Scope of Practice
- Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Standards for Office Based Anesthesia Practice
- MedPro Group: When Apology is Appropriate-and When it's Not
- MedPro Group: Pain Management Checklist
- Practice management resources, including information about contracts, negotiations, and starting a business
- Ketamine Infusion Resources
- Take 5 with The Joint Commission: Confronting Infection Protection and Control (2014 Podcast)
- Take 5 with The Joint Commission: New TST Hand Hygiene Compliance Data Says it All (2013 Podcast)
Safe Injection Practice
- Infection Prevention and Control Resources
- Safe Injection Practices and Criminalization of Reuse
- Safe Injection Practices Education and Awareness Campaign
- Safe Injection Guidelines for Needle and Syringe Use
- Take 5 with The Joint Commission: Vial Safety (2014 Podcast)
Surgical Fires and Surgical Safety
Please note: Legal Briefs are not intended as legal advice nor are they advice on the law of any state. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought. Older articles are being presented for historical reference only.
Please be advised that legal and clinical standards and regulations are constantly evolving, and therefore, each practitioner is responsible for keeping up with the most current standards and regulations.