Award for Excellence in State Government Relations Advocacy
Each year the AANA Government Relations (GRC) Committee will honor and officially recognize a state association for excellence in state GR advocacy.
The award recipient shall be a state association selected by the GRC for excellence in state government relations advocacy.
- Award shall not be tied to a specific “victory” in legislative or regulatory arena.
- Award shall be given based on the quality of the undertaken effort.
All entries must be submitted to the AANA Government Affairs Division via the online submission form by the date specified in this document. Only ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS will be accepted.
The winner(s) of the AANA Award for Excellence in State GR Advocacy will be notified no later than March 15 of a given year.
The AANA Award for Excellence in State GR Advocacy winner(s) will be announced annually during the Mid-Year Assembly.
Winner(s) will receive an inscribed plaque that will be given to them at the AANA Mid-Year Assembly.
Eligible Candidates for Award
Any state association that has prepared and submitted evidence of positive GR activities for CRNAs during the year shall be considered for the award.
Considerations in Judging:
- Quality of the undertaken effort.
- Association’s ability to motivate and engage members in state advocacy.
- Association’s commitment to educating its Board of Directors and GRC committee on Government Relations Issues.
Judging will be done by the AANA Government Relations Committee.
All entries must be completed and submitted electronically by filling out the attached nomination form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
All entries become the property of the AANA unless specifically arranged in writing with the AANA.
- Grassroots Efforts (increased attendance at association legislative events, letter writing campaigns, key contacts)
- Successful Lobby Days
- Legislative/Regulatory Efforts
- Increased participation by membership
Deadline for submission of entries for a particular year is typically mid-February of that year
Decision to be made by mid-March
Award to be given out at the AANA Mid-Year Assembly