State Government Affairs
Just as CRNAs are vigorous advocates for patient safety in the clinical setting, the AANA is an equally determined advocate for CRNAs concerning issues such as patient safety, access to quality healthcare services, scope of practice, educational funding, reimbursement, and many other legislative and regulatory matters in Washington, D.C. and in states across the country. As such, the AANA tracks state and federal legislation and regulation affecting nurse anesthesia practice, develops and carries out federal grassroots lobbying efforts, coordinates meetings with federal legislators and agency officials, testifies at federal and state legislative and regulatory hearings, and educates CRNAs and state associations regarding effective advocacy strategy and practice.
Can’t find what you are looking for? Only limited information is made available on our public page - most AANA State Government news and information is located on our “members only” page, log in is required. Visit SGA Member Resources.
Issues and Information
- New! - 2021-2022 AANA State Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- State Legislative and Regulatory Requirements
50-state summaries of laws and regulations relevant to CRNA practice, prepared by the AANA State Government Affairs Division.
- Opt-Outs and Federal Supervision Requirements
- Anesthesia as Practice of Nursing and Practice of Medicine
- Surgeon Liability
- Power Point Presentation on CRNA Practice
- Information on State actions related to the COVID-19 situation
- Map of States With No Supervision Requirement for CRNAs in State Nursing Law or Rules