Welcome to Corporate OpportunitiesThe American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) is the professional association representing 52,000 Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) and student registered nurse anesthetists, equaling more than 90 percent of the nation’s nurse anesthetists. As the first clinical nursing specialty, nurse anesthesia was developed in response to the growing need by surgeons for anesthetists. More than 150 years later, nurse anesthetists continue to provide safe, cost-effective care for patients before, during and after every type of surgery or procedure ranging from open heart to cataract to pain management.
CRNAs must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or other appropriate baccalaureate degree, a current license as a registered nurse and a minimum of one year’s acute care nursing experience. Additionally they must complete graduate coursework which varies from two to three years including both classroom and clinical experience and then must pass the National Certification Examination to become a CRNA. AANA members are also required to earn 40 continuing education units every two years as one of the criteria for recertification.
AANA is governed by an elected Board of Directors representing seven regions of the United States.
AANA advances patient safety, practice excellence and its members’ profession.
Why Become an AANA Corporate Partner?
The AANA is the premiere education provider for 50,000 nurse anesthetists across the country. The AANA believes in forming collaborative relationships with corporate partners so that each of us can leverage the important work of the other. Our mission is to advance patient safety, practice excellence and our members’ profession.
We Deliver Your Market
- More than 90 percent of the nation’s nurse anesthetists are members of AANA
- 22 percent report the annual volume of products and services purchased by their facilities is between $1 million and $5 million
- 80 percent influence or make purchasing decisions
- 81 percent are hospital-based
- 94 percent of CRNAs are involved in direct patient care
- CRNAs have prescriptive authority in 29 states and District of Columbia
Corporate Partners Leadership Council (CPLC)
As a corporate partner you will become a member of the AANA Corporate Partners Leadership Council (CPLC) which provides a forum for discussion and collaboration between the AANA/AANA Foundation and its corporate partners on issues related to anesthesia care and pain management, education, research, advocacy and patient care. This is achieved in part by:
- Facilitating access, dialogue, and trust
- Enhancing education efforts
- Facilitating product development
- Establishing collaborations that provide a return on your investment of time, energy and resources
- Identifying emerging ideas
- Sharing priorities
- Serving as a clearinghouse for product ideas
Additional Key Benefits depending on level of support include:
- Recognition during Opening Ceremonies at the AANA Nurse Anesthesia Annual Congress
- Recognition at AANA meetings
- Recognition on the AANA website
- Opportunity to hold a focus group at the AANA Annual Congress
- Badge ribbons at AANA meetings
- New Product Display Case at the AANA Nurse Anesthesia Annual Congress
- High visibility ad space in AANA periodicals
- Guaranteed priority booth location at the Nurse Anesthesia Annual Congress
- Recognition in student packet and graduate correspondence
For more information on becoming an AANA Corporate Partner contact Wendy Stoner at 847-655-1109 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.