Government Relations Committee
AANA Bylaw Language
Article VII, Section 5 F: Government Relations Committee
The Government Relations Committee shall address matters pertaining to legislation and regulations, and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- All committee members are required to attend the Joint Committee Conference.
- Conference calls and additional meetings as needed.
- Committee members are expected to devote adequate time to preparation for meetings and conference calls, as well as any projects that may be assigned in a given year.
Note: Given a student nurse anesthetist’s academic responsibilities, a student committee member will not receive additional work above that which is required for scheduled meeting participation (e.g., reviewing background material sent in advance of scheduled meetings), except to the extent that the student’s schedule allows.
Attendance of committee members at AANA assemblies is welcome, but not required or funded.
- Anna Polyak, JD, RN, Senior Director, State Government Affairs
- Jana Conover, BA, Assistant Director of State Government Affairs and Legal