Standing, from left to right: Barbara Farkas, MAdEd, Senior Accreditation and Education Specialist, AANA Staff; Reginald Middlebrooks, DNP, CRNA, LCDR, NC, USN; Devin Miller, BSN, RN, Student Representative; Franklin McShane, DNP, CRNA; Hylda Nugent, DNP, CRNA.
Not pictured: Bryan Tune, DNP, CRNA.
AANA Bylaw Language
Article VII, Section 5, D: Education Committee
The Education Committee shall review requirements and standards for programs of nurse anesthesia education and formulate recommendations regarding same for any accreditation entity recognized by the AANA, and shall also plan and conduct the assembly of school faculty programs. One student Associate member may be elected to serve on this Committee. Two committee members are elected by the attendees at an assembly of school faculty meeting. They each serve an alternating two year term.
Three in-person meetings:
- Joint Committee Conference (JCC) in August or September
- Assembly of School Faculty (ASF) in February
- Annual Congress in August or September.
In addition to the formal meetings, business is conducted via e-mail and conference calls between meetings.
- Bruce A. Schoneboom, PhD, CRNA, FAAN, COL (Ret), USA, Senior Director, Education and Professional Development
- Barbara Farkas, MAdEd, Senior Accreditation and Education Specialist