About the Foundation
Established in 1981, the AANA Foundation is a charitable organization devoted to anesthesia research, education and development. The Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. The Foundation funds scholarships, doctoral fellowships, post-doctoral fellowships, research grants, general poster sessions, oral "State of the Science" poster sessions and doctoral mentorships. Rita L. LeBlanc Philanthropist of the Year, Advocate of the Year and Researcher of the Year Awards are presented annually by the AANA Foundation.
Knowledge, integrity, excellence and stewardship.
The Foundation provides financial support to CRNAs and SRNAs through a variety of initiatives and events in addition to offering workshops attended by hundreds of individuals. Over the course of its history, the Foundation has awarded more than $3.9 million to more than 3,000 individuals as detailed below.
- 1,079 scholarships totaling more than $1,708,000 to support nurse anesthesia
- 186 fellowships totaling $1,267,115 to assist CRNA students pursuing their PhD and DNP degrees
- 191 research grants to CRNAs totaling more than $812,200
- 43 student research grants totaling $42,000
- 1,884 poster presentations at AANA Annual Congresses totaling more than $136,000
One of the goals of the AANA Foundation is to support new and seasoned investigators in nurse anesthesia through grants, fellowships and post doctoral fellowships. Programs are designed to develop researchers in nurse anesthesia. The AANA Foundation sets a broad range of research objectives that includes the following areas:
- Healthcare policy
- Science of anesthesia
- Education Practice/Clinical
- AANAF and AANA Joint Research Program Overview.
Health Services Research
To learn more about the HSR agenda, development and methodology, and download the 24 questions by domain please visit the Health Services Research Agenda page. Review the top 6 ranked research topics.