Student Scholarship Application
Scholarships are available to all nurse anesthesia students who are AANA members and currently enrolled in an accredited nurse anesthesia program.
- Students must be in good standing within the attended program and meet the specific scholarship requirements outlined in the application.
- Applications must be completed online.
The AANA Foundation received 1,007 competitive student scholarship applications in FY17 and 54 scholarships were awarded totaling over $115,000.
A list of scholarships with specific criteria for each is listed below; you must ensure that you satisfy all the requirements of each scholarship that you apply for and provide the required information in the online form. Review the application sample so you can see all that is required before you start your application.
Please review the scholarship evaluation forms below to become familiar with the scoring process before you begin.
- There is no application fee for FY18 scholarships so competition will be intense. Review all scholarship criteria and instructions carefully as incomplete or incorrect applications will be rejected without exception. You must satisfy all requirements of each scholarship that you apply for.
- Applicants must have completed at least six months of nurse anesthesia classes by March 1, 2018 (any Head-Start Plans will not be recognized in that timeline).
- Program Administrators (not their designee) must complete a separate Program Verification Form online for each student before student members can submit their scholarship application online. The AANA Foundation has already emailed separate access instructions to all Program Administrators to complete Program Verification Forms online. You may also download these instructions and email them to your Program Administrator, if you wish. Ensure that your Program Administrator checks that he/she has access to the online Program Verification Form well before the deadline. Once your Program Administrator completes your Program Verification Form online, you will instantly receive a system generated, exclusive submission code emailed from firstname.lastname@example.org. Students are allowed to submit their application only after they receive this code and insert it into their application. If you do not get this email after your Program Administrator completes the task, check your spam folder and ask your Program Administrator to ensure they have completed step 4 of the instructions to submit the codes.
- Applications will be accepted through Tuesday, March 1, 2018. No changes will be accepted after this time. If you attempt to make changes to your application after the deadline, they will not be considered.
- Students may start and continue to work on their application after asking their Program Administrator to complete a Program Verification Form on their behalf. (Simply inform your PA that you are applying for an AANA Foundation scholarship and ask them to look for the email from the Foundation.) You are required to confirm your AANA member ID number with your Program Administrator. Because students cannot submit their application until their Program Administrator has completed their Program Verification Form, we recommend that you work with your Program Administrator well before the deadline. NOTE: Program Administrators may attend the AANA Assembly of School Faculty meeting from February 15-17 so please ask them to finalize your form and send your code before the event. The submission deadline will not be extended.
- Do NOT submit your application until you have received and provided your submission code in your application. Please continue to save your work until you are ready to submit. If you submit your application without the correct submission code, it will be rejected without exception.
- The Student Involvement and Accomplishments Essay (Section 4) and Financial Need Essay (Section 7) must each be 2,000 characters (not words) or less (including spaces). If either essay is more than 2,000 characters and/or you upload your essay(s) as an attachment to the application, your entire application will be rejected.
- Add email@example.com to your list of approved email contacts, and check your inbox and spam folder regularly for important notices from us. You will receive your exclusive submission code from this email address.
- Financial aid scholarship applicants must provide their entire 2018-2019 FAFSA Form in PDF format. FAFSA forms must be in final format; drafts or confirmation emails will not be accepted. Please see a sample of the FAFSA form's final format here. You must provide a current 2018-2019 FAFSA form; older versions are not acceptable. There are no exceptions to this, even for those students who are graduating before fall 2018. We require an equal metric when evaluating applicants, therefore any financial aid applications that provide an older FAFSA form will be rejected. See details in Section 6 of the application.)
- Once you submit your application, the last page of your application will consist of a confirmation page. Please save/print that page for your records. You will NOT receive an emailed receipt. Please do not contact the Foundation office regarding receipt of your application.
- Our goal is to email winner and non-winner notifications by the week of June 15, 2018, and all notifications will be sent on the same day. Please do not contact the Foundation office regarding notifications.
- Required! All uploaded attachments for your application must be named using the following format: LastName_FirstName_DescriptiveFileName (i.e., Doe_John_FAFSA)
- Award preference will be given to students who have not yet received a scholarship from the Foundation. Students are eligible to apply only if they graduate after March 1, 2018.
We recommend using Internet Explorer for best results when completing your application. You may experience technical difficulties that we cannot rectify if you use other browsers. Download Troubleshooting Your Technical Issues. Tech support is available Monday - Friday, 9 am to 4 pm CT only so we recommend completing your application well before the deadline.
(You are required to read all instructions above, as well as the troubleshooting guide, before you begin your application.) If you have any issues logging in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.