Student Scholarship Application
Deadline: March 1
Critical! Before beginning an application, please ensure that your AANA username is your email address. If you change your login information, your progress will be lost.
Scholarships are available to all nurse anesthesia students who are AANA members and currently enrolled in an accredited nurse anesthesia program.
- Students must be in good standing within the attended program and meet the specific scholarship requirements outlined in the application.
- Applications must be completed online.
The AANA Foundation received 2,520 competitive student scholarship applications in FY18 and 58 scholarships were awarded totaling over $130,000.
A list of scholarships with specific criteria for each is listed below; you must ensure that you satisfy all the requirements of each scholarship that you apply for and provide the required information in the online form. Review the two application versions (merit only vs. merit and financial need) so you can see all that is required before you start your application.
- FY19 List of Student Scholarships and Criteria
- Merit and Financial Need Scholarship Application Sample
- Merit Only Scholarship Application Sample
Please review the scholarship evaluation forms below to become familiar with the scoring process before you begin.
- There is no application fee for FY19 scholarships so competition will be intense. Review all scholarship criteria and instructions carefully as incomplete or incorrect applications will be rejected without exception. You must satisfy all requirements of each scholarship that you apply for.
- Applicants must have completed at least six months of nurse anesthesia classes by March 1, 2019 (any Head-Start Plans will not be recognized in that timeline).
- NEW THIS YEAR: Program Administrators (not their designee) must complete a Program Verification Form online for each student before students can submit their application online. You must invite your program administrator to complete this task within the application. Once you send the invitation, an email will be sent directly to them through our system (there may be a slight delay of several hours depending on the email server). If they claim they do not receive your invitation through our system, please have them check their spam folder for an email from email@example.com. Please ask them to add firstname.lastname@example.org to their list of contacts so our emails avoid their spam folder. Applications will be accepted through March 1, 2019. No changes will be accepted after this time. If you attempt to make changes to your application after the deadline, they will not be considered.
- Students may continue to work on their application after inviting their Program Administrator to complete a Program Verification Form on their behalf. Because students cannot submit their application until the Program Administrator has completed their Program Verification Form online, we recommend that you work with your Program Administrator as soon as the application opens. NOTE: Your Program Administrator may attend the AANA Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators (ADCE) meeting from February 13-16 so please ask them to finalize your form before the event. The submission deadline will not be extended.
- The Student Involvement and Accomplishments Essay and Financial Need Essay must each be 2,000 characters (not words) or less (including spaces). If either essay is more than 2,000 characters and/or you upload your essay(s) as an attachment to the application, your entire application will be rejected.
- Add email@example.com to your list of approved email contacts, and check your inbox and spam folder regularly for important notices from us until the Annual Congress takes place.
- Financial aid scholarship applicants must provide their entire 2019-2020 FAFSA Form in PDF format. FAFSA forms must be in final format; drafts or confirmation emails will not be accepted. Please see a sample of the FAFSA form's final format here. You must provide a current 2019-2020 FAFSA form; older versions are not acceptable. There are no exceptions to this, even for those students who are graduating before fall 2019. We require an equal metric when evaluating applicants, therefore any financial aid applications that provide an older FAFSA form will be rejected. See details in the application.)
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an emailed acknowledgement. Please check your inbox and spam folder for this notification. Please do not contact the Foundation office regarding receipt of your application.
- Our goal is to email winner and non-winner notifications by the week of June 3, 2019; all notifications will be sent on the same day. Please do not contact the Foundation office regarding notifications.
- Required! All uploaded attachments for your application must be named using the following format: LastName_FirstName_DescriptiveFileName (i.e., Doe_John_FAFSA)
- Award preference will be given to students who have not yet received a scholarship from the Foundation. Students are eligible to apply only if they graduate after March 1, 2019.
We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for best results when completing your application. You may experience technical difficulties that we cannot rectify if you use other browsers. Tech support has limited hours so we recommend completing your application well before the deadline.
You are required to read all instructions above before you begin your application. If you have any issues logging into the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For other technical issues, please email support@ConferenceAbstracts.com or call (410) 638-9239 between 9 am - 9 pm ET, Monday - Friday. In addition, the Foundation office is available at email@example.com from 9:00 - 4:00 pm CT, Monday - Friday. Please do not delay submission of your application.