Rita L. LeBlanc Philanthropist of the Year Award
Deadline: April 1
Download Application materials for the Rita L. LeBlanc Philanthropist of the Year Award. Applications for this award will be held and considered for three years after submission.
The Philanthropist of the Year Award, established in 2006 by the AANA Foundation, is presented to an individual who represents the spirit of Ms. LeBlanc and has gone beyond the call of duty as a supporter of the AANA Foundation. The Rita L. LeBlanc Philanthropist of the Year donates time, talent, and direct financial support to the AANA Foundation, as well as other well-deserving organizations. The recipient of this award demonstrates a strong philanthropic spirit, and through his or her charitable actions motivates others to give of themselves.
The Rita L. LeBlanc Philanthropist of the Year Award represents the spirit of Ms. LeBlanc and is presented to an individual who has gone beyond the call of duty as a supporter of the AANA Foundation and other philanthropic organizations. The recipient of the 2021 Rita L. LeBlanc Philanthropist of the Year Award is being given posthumously to Steven Mund, DNP, CRNA, FACHE, CENP.
Dr. Mund passed away on March 24th of this year, after living a life of service to others. He served in the US Army from 1996 to 2014 and was deployed as the sole anesthesia provider on a Forward Surgical Team to Iraq in 2003 and 2004 and to Afghanistan in 2007. Steve was dedicated to his profession and was extensively engaged in advocacy and philanthropy. He served in a range of offices and committees at state and national levels, most recently on the AANA Foundation Board of Trustees. Steve’s generous support of the Foundation included being a Friend for Life, a Gold member of the Gertrude Fife Society, and a consistent supporter of the AANA Foundation’s RISE Above campaign to fund Health Policy Research.
Previous Philanthropists of the Year
- 2020 - Robert J. Gauvin, DNP, MS, CRNA
- 2019 - Juan Quintana DNP, CRNA
- 2018 - Robin Naden-Semba, MS, MPH, CRNA
- 2017 - John Bendele, Jr., MS, CRNA
- 2016 - John T. "Jack" Hitchens, BA, CRNA
- 2015 - Elizabeth “Betty” Abrams, MS, CRNA
- 2014 - Col. Gina M. Mason, CRNA, U.S. Army Reserve (Ret.)
- 2013 - Sandra Kilde, EdD, CRNA
- 2012 - Goldie Brangman, CRNA
- 2011 - Alverna Skoog, BS, CRNA
- 2010 - Joyce Kelly, EdD, CRNA
- 2009 - Theresa Culpepper, PhD, CRNA
- 2008 - Suzanne Brown, BSN, CRNA
- 2007 - Mary G. Dudley, MS, CRNA
- 2006 - Rita L. LeBlanc, CRNA